Up Your Arsenal
Why is this strange? At the end of Gears of War 3, the COG were pretty much on the verge of being completely annihilated and their resources have been depleted! Luckily the Locust and the Lambent were destroyed! And they left behind a literal ton of weapons behind. So why do these new enemies have Locust Era Hammerbursts?
Why wouldn't the COG take these weapons and re-purpose them? Well, we probably won't know until the game comes out. I did however take it upon myself to come up with my own interpretation of what a COG re-purposed Hammerburst would look like and function.
COG Hammerburst - Hammerburst Mk. III
Just like it's predecessor, The Mark III allows players to go into a first person mode where the player uses the rifle's optics in a first person view to take aim at enemies. However, the optic sight is made for durability, this means the optic's zoom leaves a bit to be desired as the magnification of the scope is minimal.
The red lights of the HB III have been replaced with the traditional COG blue. The Mark III has been stripped down and built back up, removing excess weight, making lighter. A synthetic stock has been added, however if fired rapidly the recoil can cause the weapon to kick, resulting in a loss of accuracy.
Production Informaion: Coalition of Ordered Governments
Model: Mark III
Type: Semi/Burst Fire Battle Rifle.
Damage Per Hit: Medium to High
Magazine Size: 20 (semi auto) 24 (3 round burst fire)
Maxium Ammuintion: 180 (semi auto) 192 (burst fire)
Fire mode: Semi Auto/Burst Fire
Range: Medium to Long
1. Optic Scope - A rugged optic scope with a slight zoom. This is used whenever the player engages the first person mode. *This functions just like the first person mode of the HB in Gears 3.
2. Front Sight - The front sight has been scaled down. Can be flipped up or down. If the scope is ever destroyed, the front sight can be used in a pinch.
3. Extended Barrel - The extended barrel makes this Hammerburst better at longer range and increases it's accuracy when compared to it's predecessors.
4. Fore-grip - Grip for the user to hold.
5. Optional Knife - The Mark III's lighter build makes it less reliable as a striking weapon. The Knife compensates for this design flaw and allows for an advantage in close quarters combat.
6. Straight Tactical Magazine - Tactical magazine features raised edges for enhanced grip when loading and reloading.
7. Extendable Synthetic Stock - They extendable stock helps reduce recoil and adjust to fit the shoulder of the user. The stock also features a face rest for comfort while shooting.
Thanks for reading!
Follow us on Tumblr, IndieDB, Twitter, Mixcloud,Soundcloud,clowdy, instagram and Youtube